The tuition fees for the EMMPHID Master Programme will be:
- Tuition fees for European graduate students (Category B students): € 4,000 per semester, € 8,000 for the full academic programme
- Tuition fees for Third-country graduate student (Category A students): € 6,000 per semester, € 12,000 for the full academic programme
The different tuition fees are connected to the University regulations, and the fact that they are partly financed by national taxes. The Consortium Committee may set up a scholarship and waiver policy. Fees may be revised for further editions of the Masters Programme.
Tuition fees have to be paid to the coordinating institution according to the calendar below or accept the deduction of that amount out of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship according to the Student Agreement.
|Amount||Date of payment|
|50% of the total tuition fees||At enrolment|
|50% of the total tuition fees||Before 31st December|
Self financing students may also be offered the Erasmus Mundus Insurance coverage at their own cost.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
The EMMPHID will propose best ranked students to be awarded with individual Erasmus Mundus scholarships according to the student selection criteria approved by the EACEA and the Erasmus Mundus programme guidelines. The number of scholarships will be defined on a yearly basis.
The concession of the scholarship will be subjected to the following limitations:
- Exclusively full-time enrolment.
- Not being awarded with other EU grants for the same joint course over the length of the course concerned.
- No more than two of the students with the same nationality.
Two categories are established: Partner Country students and Programme Country students
Partner Country students
Students whose nationality is one of the Erasmus+ Partner Countries and who are not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in a Programme Country are considered as Partner Country students; The five-year reference period for this 12-month rule is calculated backwards as from the submission deadline (defined by the consortia) of applying for an EMMC student scholarship.
Programme Country students
Students whose nationality is one of the Erasmus+ Programme Countries count as Programme Country students.
Please note that, as Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway entered the Erasmus+ Programme as “Programme Counries”, scholarship applicants who are nationals of these countries should be considered as Programme Country students.
Contribution to travel and installation costs
- € 1,000 per year per scholarship holder resident of a Programme Country for travel costs.
- € 2,000 per year for travel costs + € 1,000 for installation costs for scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country whose location is situated at less than 4.000 km from the EMMC coordinating HEI.
- € 3,000 per year for travel costs + € 1,000 for installation costs for scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country whose location is situated at 4.000 km or more from the EMMC coordinating HEI.
A contribution to installation costs is offered only to students residents of a Partner Country (1000 € for the entire course). It is an incentive to help covering the additional costs related to the issuing of visas, residence permits, etc. as well as temporary accommodation needs upon arrival in the first Programme hosting HEI. It is the responsibility of the consortium to verify the place of residence of the student candidate. The place of residence should be verifies on the basis of the provision of:
- A residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate’s municipality normal registration rules;
- A certificate from the candidate’s place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question.
Contribution to subsistence costs (for both programme and partner country scholarship holders)
€ 1,000 per month for the entire duration of the EMMC study programme (24 months maximum). Contribution to subsistence costs must not be given to:
- Scholarship holders for the EMMC periods (study/research/placement/thesis preparation) spent in their country of residence
- Partner Country Scholarship holders for the EMMC periods exceeding three months (indicatively the equivalent of 15 ECTS credits) spent in any Partner Country.
Applicants to the EMMPHID Master Programme may also apply for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. Students must indicate in the on-line application form if they would like to be considered for an Erasmus Mundus Category A or a Category B scholarship, and they should also indicate their eligibility for these scholarships. According to the European Commission’s rules, candidates are not allowed to apply to more than three (3) Erasmus Mundus Programmes during one admissions cycle.
EMMPHID also accepts students on a self-financing basis who pay their tuition fees and cover living costs from private sources or other scholarships. The academic conditions for admissions are the same for all students regardless of sources of funding; therefore the general conditions of eligibility apply to self-financing students as well.
Please note that EMMPHID is very competitive: only the highest ranked of the selected applicants will be offered an Erasmus Mundus scholarship. Other accepted applicants will be placed on the reserve list for Erasmus Mundus scholarships. Candidates are strongly encouraged to seek other sources of funding.
Applications will be considered solely on the basis of their academic merits, abilities and potential, regardless of gender, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant distinction. However, when the basic considerations are equal, the consortium will orient the recruitment towards diversity in geographical cover and balance in gender representation. Moreover, selection rules will be subject to Erasmus Mundus requirements; therefore, a maximum of two candidates from the same country may be proposed to an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.